Cabal 1.22 RC ready to test

Johan Tibell johan.tibell at gmail.com
Sat Jan 3 13:05:48 UTC 2015

On Sat, Jan 3, 2015 at 2:36 AM, Mikhail Glushenkov <
the.dead.shall.rise at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> On 3 January 2015 at 03:36, Johan Tibell <johan.tibell at gmail.com> wrote:
> > If I don't hear anything the next few days I will make the release.
>
> The test suite doesn't compile with GHC HEAD on Travis.

The error (https://travis-ci.org/haskell/cabal/jobs/45758614) is quite
perplexing:

[62 of 77] Compiling Distribution.Client.Config (
Distribution/Client/Config.hs,
dist/dist-sandbox-8940a882/build/cabal/cabal-tmp/Distribution/Client/Config.o
)
Distribution/Client/Config.hs:56:12:
    Module
    ‘Distribution.Simple.Compiler’
    does not export
    ‘DebugInfoLevel(..)’
cabal-install-1.22.0.0 failed during the building phase. The exception was:
ExitFailure 1

Distribution.Simple.Compiler most definitely does export DebugInfoLevel,
otherwise it wouldn't compile with the other GHC versions.

Does GHC do something special with Cabal nowadays when it's no longer tied
to GHC?