[GHC] #10052: Panic (something to do with floatExpr?)

Simon Peyton Jones simonpj at microsoft.com
Wed Feb 4 12:31:17 UTC 2015

Peter:

Here's a bad crash, due to you.   (Doing this by email because I'm offline.)

The (Tick t e) case of FloatOut.floatExpr is incomplete.  It simply panics in some cases.

Could you fix this please?  Either that case shouldn't happen, in which case Core Lint should check for it, and whoever is generating it should be fixed.  Or it should happen, in which case floatExpr should do the right thing.

Could you leave a Note to explain what is happening in the floatExpr (Tick ...) cases?

Thanks

Simon