Flag warnings show intermediate hscpp filenames on SmartOS

Alain O'Dea alain.odea at gmail.com
Thu Dec 31 23:17:02 UTC 2015

cpphs isn't a direct option.  It won't install on SmartOS with Cabal.  GCC
4.7 is the earliest GCC supported so I'll have to try something else for
SmartOS.

It looks like the GCC Specs are the problem.

On Ubuntu the Spec for cpp is:

*cpp:
%{posix:-D_POSIX_SOURCE} %{pthread:-D_REENTRANT}

On SmartOS the Spec for cpp is:

*cpp:
%{,assembler-with-cpp:-P} %(cpp_subtarget)

I think this is how the -P gets injected.  I think this is correctable.  I
had a similar issue with -std=c99 which is the default for C compiling on
Ubuntu but not on SmartOS leading to issues with compiling source that
isn't old school C (like persistent-sqlite).

Anyways I must retire from this and entertain my guests.  Happy New Year
folks.