Unlifted data types

Takenobu Tani takenobu.hs at gmail.com
Tue Dec 29 09:54:08 UTC 2015

Hi devs,

Apologies if I'm missing context.

Is it more better that "Unlifted" kind is other name, such as
"BoxedUnlifted", "Bul", "%",... ?

I'm studying Unlifted data types [1].
It's good proposals to optimize code by users.

But I worry that newcomers may be confusing about its kind name.
In my understanding [2], "unlifted" types may include "unboxed, unlifted"
type.
But "unlifted" kind does not include "unboxed, unlifted" types.

[1]: https://ghc.haskell.org/trac/ghc/wiki/UnliftedDataTypes
[2]:
http://takenobu-hs.github.io/downloads/haskell_lazy_evaluation.pdf#page=190
 (sorry, large)