Kinds of type synonym arguments

Edward Kmett ekmett at gmail.com
Mon Dec 21 09:10:27 UTC 2015

I brought up the subject of allowing newtypes in kind # (or even in any
kind that ends in * or # after a chain of ->'s to get more powerful
Coercible instances) at ICFP this year and Simon seemed to think it'd be a
pretty straightforward modification to the typechecker.

I confess, he's likely waiting for me to actually sit down and give the
idea a nice writeup. ;)

This would be good for many things, especially when it comes to improving
the type safety of various custom c-- tricks.

-Edward