Remaining type=kind items

Richard Eisenberg eir at cis.upenn.edu
Mon Dec 14 14:34:41 UTC 2015

Yes -- these are very much on the TODO list.

Sadly, visible type application didn't make it. It could with another two weeks(?), but I don't think it's worth holding things up further. Unlike D808, visible type application doesn't touch wide swaths of code, so merging it after the ghc-8.0 branch won't cause backporting trouble.

I plan on writing a longish section in the user manual about GHC's kind system, updating the PolyKinds discussion already there. Should happen this week.

Richard