GHC 8.0 feature freeze imminent

Ben Gamari ben at well-typed.com
Mon Dec 14 13:38:43 UTC 2015

Hello GHCers,

Last Friday Richard Eisenberg's long-awaited no-kinds branch landed in
`master`. Being one of the defining features of the 8.0 release, we bent
the feature freeze schedule (initially slated for sometime last week) a
bit to accomodate this piece of work.

Now that Richard's work is in, we will set the official freeze date for
Monday December 21st so that there is time to review and merge some
queued work which we've been queuing for after the no-kinds merge. If
you have work still outstanding then you should talk to either me or
Austin ASAP if you have not done so already. We will be discussing the
release schedule for 8.0 during the GHC today.

Cheers,

- Ben