RTS linker refactoring

Sylvain Henry hsyl20 at gmail.com
Tue Dec 8 13:43:25 UTC 2015

Hi devs,

I have made a patch to refactor the RTS linker, especially to drastically
reduce its memory usage: https://phabricator.haskell.org/D1470

We need to test it on differrent OS/architectures before it can be merged.
Here is the current state:
 - Linux/x86-64: OK (Harbormaster and I)
 - Solaris/x86-64: was OK, maybe needs to be retested (@kgardas)
 - OpenBSD/x86-64: was OK, maybe needs to be tetested (@kgardas)
 - Solaris/i386: was failing with unrelated error, needs to be retested
(@kgardas)
 - Linux/PowerPC: OK (@erikd)
 - Linux/ARM: was failing with unrelated #11123 (@erikd), OK? (@bgamari)
 - Windows: ?
 - MacOS: ?
 - ia64: ?

I don't have access to Windows and Mac OS boxes so I don't even know if it
compiles there. Could someone test it (validate) on these OSes and report
any issue they encounter to me (by mail or on phabricator)?

Do we support ia64 architecture?

Thanks!
Sylvain