Installing ghc-7.10.2 linux binary distro on SuSE

Levent Erkok erkokl at gmail.com
Mon Aug 31 16:00:41 UTC 2015

Tuncer: The LD_PRELOAD trick and the patchelf magic solved the problem
nicely..

I'd still prefer if a SuSE binary distro was available from the downloads
page, for the good of the community. When I tried to build from source, I
was getting all sorts of error messages even from the configure step; so I
gave up fairly quickly. If it was a machine I had root access to then I'd
have given it more time; but with only user-level access, I didn't pursue
anything further.