Planning for the 7.12 release

Ben Gamari ben at well-typed.com
Fri Aug 28 17:33:13 UTC 2015

Simon Peyton Jones <simonpj at microsoft.com> writes:

> Actually that’s a good idea.
>
> Simon

I was discussing this very matter yesterday with a few folks. I think we
certainly have enough features in this release to do a major bump. I
half-jokingly suggested that 8.0 should only come with Phase 2 of
Richard's Dependent Haskell work, but I'm willing to settle for
merely kind equality.

I think doing a major bump would be a great idea.

Cheers,

- Ben