Planning for the 7.12 release

Elliot Cameron elliot.cameron at covenanteyes.com
Thu Aug 27 23:23:52 UTC 2015

I can't seem to find the exact trac ticket, but the ability to swap out "Integer" implementations at link time would be a huge relief on Windows, which suffers from various problems with dynamic linking. I believe it was originally slated for 7.12. Can someone find it? Here's what I did find: https://ghc.haskell.org/trac/ghc/wiki/ReplacingGMPNotes

A related discussion: https://github.com/commercialhaskell/stack/issues/399

As it stands, we've been trying hard to find good ways to provide custom GHC variants more easily to end users.