How to use pprTrace ?

Edward Z. Yang ezyang at mit.edu
Sat Aug 15 22:05:12 UTC 2015

If you are really just using trace, and using it on a plain
set of strings from the command line, this shouldn't happen.
Hard to say more without a diff.

Why not experiment with tracing GHC in NOT ghc/Main.hs, or at least
after the code that sets up the global dynamic flags is all done?  If
you add trace statements to the type checker, you can expect pprTrace to
work fine.  As is, you're in a lot of pain for not very much benefit.

Edward

Excerpts from Omar Mefire's message of 2015-08-15 14:56:35 -0700: