Increased memory usage with GHC 7.10.1

George Colpitts george.colpitts at gmail.com
Thu Apr 2 15:08:43 UTC 2015

I'm curious why the amount of RAM is relevant as all of our OS have virtual
memory so it is only the size of the heap and the amount of swap that
should be relevant for an Out Of Memory error, right? How big is your heap?
Amount of RAM should only affect speed (i.e. if there is excessive paging)
but should not affect Out Of Memory right?