tar --help is failing on Solaris.

Herbert Valerio Riedel hvriedel at gmail.com
Sat Sep 27 19:51:10 UTC 2014

On 2014-09-27 at 21:46:13 +0200, Karel Gardas wrote:
> Hi Mikhail,
>
> On 09/27/14 09:09 PM, Mikhail Glushenkov wrote:
>> On 27 September 2014 20:19, Karel Gardas<karel.gardas at centrum.cz>  wrote:
>>>
>>> [...]
>>> Could you be so kind and revert this patch or fix it to also work on
>>> Solaris? For Solaris the change should be easy, simply if you invoke
>>> Solaris' tar with --help, it'll fail with exit code 1 and help message
>>> printed into the stderr. If you are curious if it supports --format, then
>>> no.
>>
>> Should be fixed now. Thanks for the heads-up!
>
> Have you already pushed? I don't see it fixed on my end yet:

fyi, libraries/Cabal is a submodule, so here's what you should do,
(assuming you've ghc's checkout is at its latest state):

  # update/checkout submodule to latest commit from Cabal's master branch
  git submodule update --remote libraries/Cabal

  # test ./validate still works

  # record submodule update in git index
  git add libraries/Cabal

  # create commit, and make sure the commit msg contains the
  # magic word "submodule"
  git commit

  # ...
  git push