Permitting trailing commas for record syntax ADT declarations

Levent Erkok erkokl at gmail.com
Thu Sep 25 08:28:14 UTC 2014

I agree with Iavor on this one. I use Haskell professionally as well, and
I'm actually quite fond of what it leaves out in terms of both syntax and
semantics, as opposed to what it adds. Whether it's pragma protected or
not, I just don't see the point of complicating the language with such a
seemingly minor feature. Also, as pointed out before, the tuple-sections
feature interact badly with this, and the treatment of commas in lists and
tuples being different is a source of concern.

If it's added, however, it should definitely be pragma protected as I'm
pretty sure if I ever have extra commas lying around it's because I
inadvertently deleted something or made some other cut-paste error. I'd
like GHC to keep telling me about those in perpetuity.

-Levent.

On Thu, Sep 25, 2014 at 1:10 AM, Alexander Berntsen <alexander at plaimi.net>