Permitting trailing commas for record syntax ADT declarations

Daniel Trstenjak daniel.trstenjak at gmail.com
Wed Sep 24 09:52:30 UTC 2014

On Wed, Sep 24, 2014 at 10:48:40AM +0200, Andreas Abel wrote:
>   [,a,b,]  is [a,b]
>   (,a,b,)  is a tuple section
>
> However, I never felt like having list sections would see abundant
> usage.  Thus, this discrepancy is ok, imho.

I've somehow to disagree, because I like Haskell especially because of
its consistency and therefore beauty.

I don't mind the extra commata in the import/export lists or records
that much, but in a list it would bother me a bit, perhaps because
tuple sections just made intuitive sense to me the first time I saw them.

Greetings,
Daniel