Permitting trailing commas for record syntax ADT declarations

Simon Peyton Jones simonpj at microsoft.com
Mon Sep 22 19:07:16 UTC 2014

I’m all for it.  To progress it you need to

·        open a Trac ticket,

·        start a wiki page to describe the design specifically (e.g give all the changed syntax rules)

·        have a language extension TrailingCommas (or something) to enable the extension

·        perhaps suggest switching on the extension if the program parses with it, but fails without

·        develop a patch

Easy really!  I doubt it’s controversial.

Simon