[commit: ghc] master's head updated: Add default case (fixes -Werror) (4d90e44)

Arash Rouhani rarash at student.chalmers.se
Fri Sep 19 06:15:44 UTC 2014

On 2014-09-19 06:48, Gabor Greif wrote:
> Dear devs,
>
> I must admit I screwed this up again, I wanted to push on my branch
>
> git push darcs 4d90e44101559800947ce3cd7fd8704dc520b332:wip/generics-propeq-conservative
>
> but muscle memory betrayed me and I pushed like this:
>
> git push darcs 4d90e44101559800947ce3cd7fd8704dc520b332:master
>
> Sorry for the messup. How can I repair this? I did not intend to
> "merge" my work yet.
>
> It is not totally wrong though. It has three failures, but they are
> okay. I have a commit in my tree for that, but my firewall won't let
> them out (they are more than a kilobyte :-(
>
> The changes should be reviewed on the branch, and some changes are
> still expected.
>
> Second thought, how could this happen? Was this just a fast-forward of
> "master" ?
> Git seems to be a dangerous tool.
I'm also surprised by this. How can your old commits be a fast-forward
of master? Are you sure you didn't rebase your work first? :)

Anyhow, the workflow that won't cause mistakes like this is to work *on*
branches and not use the refspec:branch syntax and just specify the branch.

git push darcs wip/generics-propeq-conservative

When I make mistakes like this though I just quickly undo it with a
force push. ^^

Cheers,
Arash