GHC Weekly News (was: Status updates)
austin at well-typed.com
Mon Sep 15 13:28:45 UTC 2014
Note the title change. After some discussion with Simon last week, we
decided to change up the name a bit, since we want the discussion on
- As Gabor mentioned on the list earlier, I accidentally broke the
Windows build. I'm sorry. :( We really need to get Phab building
Windows too ASAP... I'm working on a fix this morning. (There are
still a lot of upstream changes waiting to go into the Phabricator
- I sent out the HCAR draft this morning. Please edit it! I think we
have a few weeks of lead time however, so we're not in a rush like
last time. But I will remind you. :)
- The server migration for ghc.haskell.org seems to have gone pretty
smoothly in the past week. It's had plenty of traffic so far. The full
migration is still ongoing and I want to complete it this week.
- I've finished reorganizing some of the Git and Repository pages
after some discussion. We now have the Repositories page, linked to
on the left side, which details some notes on the repositories we use,
and links to other various pages. I'm thinking of replacing this
side-bar "root" with a link to the main Git page, perhaps.
- Miscellaneous: ghc.haskell.org and phabricator.haskell.org now sets
the "Strict-Transport-Security" header. This just means you always use
SSL now when you visit those pages (so you can't be
connection-hijacked via a 503 redirect).
- I'm merging some patches at the moment, although the windows fix is
currently what I'll push first: D205, D204, D203, D199, D194, D179,
D174. Do let me know if there's anything you want me to look at.
- GHC works on Wine apparently for all you Linux users - thanks Mikolaj!
- Jan had some questions about infrastructure which I just followed
up on this morning. In particular: does anyone feel strongly about his
- Herbert committed the first part of the Traversable/Foldable
changes, by moving the typeclasses to Prelude. This is part of an
ongoing series of patches. Things like adding Bifunctor will finally
come after this.
Also, added bonus: we'll start including some of the tickets we closed
Closed tickets for the past week include: #9585, #9545, #9581, #6086,
#9558, and #3658.
Please let me know if you have any questions.
Austin Seipp, Haskell Consultant
Well-Typed LLP, http://www.well-typed.com/
More information about the ghc-devs