Preliminary proposal: Monoidal categories in base and proc notation support

Simon Peyton Jones simonpj at microsoft.com
Mon Sep 15 12:13:55 UTC 2014

Sophie

I’m guessing that the primary audience for your proposal is the Core Libraries Committee, rather than GHC itself.  I’m cc’ing them.

So far as GHC is concerned, there is a long-running ticket #7828 that your proposal may bear on.  I am not satisfied with GHC’s treatment of arrows; it is complex and I do not fully understand it myself.   If you were able to join in the effort to simplify and modularise the story, that would be great.

Simon