AMP performance effect

Joachim Breitner mail at joachim-breitner.de
Fri Sep 12 14:28:06 UTC 2014

Hi,

Am Freitag, den 12.09.2014, 16:10 +0200 schrieb Johan Tibell:

> Once we think pagespeed is stable enough, I would be for sending
> automated emails on regressions.

it is quite noisy, which is mostly due to the fact that I track the
„number of failing testcases“ as a performance value, which regularly
goes +∞ (e.g. from 0 to 1).

I’m still worried about sending mails out, but interested parties are
welcome to subscribe to the RSS feed at
http://ghcspeed-nomeata.rhcloud.com/feeds/latest_significant/

Also, ghcspeed has no support for sending mails yet, so we would either
have to add that or use the RSS feed with some RSS-to-mail tool.

> If you need a different machine to host it, you can reach out to
> admin at haskell.org. If they don't have one, I have a quiet quite
> powerful machine in a data center.

During ICFP, Ryan Newton also offered me a machine.

We can actually start using a new maching while keeping the old one
running, codespeed allows to distinguish between them. So let’s start on
this: Either give me a user account somewhere, or – as it is simple –
try it yourself using the scripts in
https://github.com/nomeata/codespeed/tree/ghc/tools/ghc
(maybe while I’m in IRC or so).

Greetings,