NOTE: Minor downtime for Trac/ghc/git.haskell.org today

Austin Seipp austin at well-typed.com
Sun Sep 7 16:47:02 UTC 2014

Hi *,

In about 1 hour from now (12:30pm CDT), Trac, git.haskell.org, and
ghc.haskell.org may be temporarily unavailable for 5 to 10 minutes or
so. We're moving the server to a new dedicated host as a result of all
the availability problems the past few days. The downtime will mostly
accommodate the time needed for DNS switchover to a new IP.

As a bonus, the new server should keep us going for a very long time,
and has a nice amount of bandwidth dedicated to it, as well as IPv6.

Please DO NOT push things to the git repositories; it will be blocked.
Don't edit Trac; we'll be revoking ACL write permissions most likely
for a short window.

Note that I have set the DNS TTLs for Haskell.org to a very low value
to facilitate the IP change. If you have connectivity problems after
that, let me know.

I'll email again when the expected downtime is starting/completed. You
can also check http://status.haskell.org for more.

--
Regards,

Austin Seipp, Haskell Consultant