[Haskell] ANNOUNCE: GHC version 7.8.3

Gabor Greif ggreif at gmail.com
Mon Sep 1 11:09:49 UTC 2014

This makes me thinking:

Can we employ this "technique" (or some variation of it)  to have an
*interpreter-only* version of TH for cross-compiled targets? Many TH
use-cases do not necessitate the loading and running of native
libraries, and e.g. for generating some lenses the interpreter-only TH
solution would be a great progress already.

So, instead of adding the TH-feature to cross-compilation, one could
strip a normal stage-2 build from its ability to load TH dylibs, and
see how far we get compiling `lens` (this reminds me of
https://www.fpcomplete.com/user/edwardk/editorial/procrustean-mathematics#centipede-mathematics).
Then we could try to figure out what it takes to transfer this feature
set back to cross targets.

Just my 2 cents,

    Gabor