git question

Mikolaj Konarski mikolaj at well-typed.com
Fri Oct 31 11:24:13 UTC 2014

> Now I want to rebase to clean up.  Can I just do a local rebase and then git
> push?  Nothing special about the push?

You need 'push -f' to force overwriting the old version
of your branch. Please make sure you are not forcefully
pushing while on master branch, though. ;)
(I seem to remember 'push -f' can be blocked on master,
but I don't know if it is in our repo.)

> I know that will confuse anyone who is pulling from that branch, but I’ve
> warned them!

If they do 'git fetch', they can compare the old and the new version
of the branch and mix and match at will.