RFC: Properly stated origin of code contributions

Isaac Dupree ml at isaac.cedarswampstudios.org
Thu Oct 30 21:59:45 UTC 2014

There are good reasons not to require people's "real" name to participate:

http://geekfeminism.wikia.com/wiki/Who_is_harmed_by_a_%22Real_Names%22_policy%3F

Simon PJ often advocates to know people's name as part of creating a
friendly community.  There are good things about this.  It also helps
exclude people with less privilege, whom we have few enough of already,
if it is a policy.

I like most things about "Developer's Certificate of Origin", though.

-Isaac