RFC: Properly stated origin of code contributions

Austin Seipp austin at well-typed.com
Thu Oct 30 20:55:14 UTC 2014

I hate to spam this with possibly-tangential requests, but I also have a peeve:

Can we get a standardized copyright/comment header across all our
files? It seems as if every single file in the compiler (and RTS) has
different header text, mentioning different people or groups, some
from 10 years ago or more and others just recently added. This is
somewhat related to this RFC but also somewhat not, I feel.

Ideally it would be nice if we could have, say, an AUTHORS.txt file
containing the names of all those people who have committed to GHC
(essentially like 'git shortlog -sn' shows), which we would ask users
to add their name into, and then if we could standardize all the
headers to follow a known convention, and give boilerplate for people
to copy.

On Thu, Oct 30, 2014 at 12:16 PM, Carter Schonwald
<carter.schonwald at gmail.com> wrote:
> yup, agreed
>
> -Carter
>

> On Thu, Oct 30, 2014 at 1:14 PM, Stephen Paul Weber
> <singpolyma at singpolyma.net> wrote:
>>
>> <signature.asc>

Regards,

Austin Seipp, Haskell Consultant