cabal sdist trouble with GHC from head

Austin Seipp austin at well-typed.com
Thu Oct 30 20:48:33 UTC 2014

I would imagine they are well aware, what with all the changes that
have gone in the past few weeks (for backpack support, package db
overhauls, etc).

However, I think crux of it (and the real question) isn't are they
aware - but "When will there be a Cabal release that supports GHC
HEAD, which will become 7.10"? This is a question I'm afraid I cannot
answer - Johan does the typical Cabal releases, AFAIK.

I've CC'd Duncan and Johan - do either of you have plans for this?
Considering we hope the stable freeze will happen soon for 7.10, I
imagine Cabal won't be very far behind in this regard, but I'm not
sure if there's a plan set down anywhere as to when the next release
will happen.

--
Regards,

Austin Seipp, Haskell Consultant