RFC: Properly stated origin of code contributions

Carter Schonwald carter.schonwald at gmail.com
Thu Oct 30 15:25:41 UTC 2014

Indeed. A cla is overkill for ghc. More over, a good CLA  merely documents
that I'm granting license under BSD compatible terms, ownership transfer is
inappropriate and abusive.

At MOST, "this work is my own and  I grant license for its use In ghc using
the BSD license" is plenty.  And even that might be overkill.

I'm happy to ask the IP lawyers in my family for some opinions on this but
I think what we are doing now is fine.