URL issue

Simon Peyton Jones simonpj at microsoft.com
Thu Oct 30 12:57:49 UTC 2014

Herbert, Austin

I was in a fairly old repo, but one I have been using daily, and pushing to the central repo.  The pushurl was
            pushurl = ssh://git@ghc.haskell.org/ghc.git
That worked two days ago, but silently hangs now.

But when I finally realised that it should be "git.haskell.org" it works fine.

So something must have changed.  I'm certain I was pushing to ghc.haskell.org until a couple of days ago.  Strange, and may be useful knowledge for others.

Anyway, no problem now. But the "Repositories" pages says nothing about what URL to use for pushing - and it really should!  That would be worth fixing.

Thanks