Call Arity, oneShot, or both

David Feuer david.feuer at gmail.com
Sun Oct 26 14:56:01 UTC 2014

> There is also the option of combining both. Then we do not get the
> regression, but still the improvement for fft2:

I *definitely* think we should leave Call Arity in place by default unless
and until something strictly better comes along. One very nice feature is
that it works for a lot of user-written code of various kinds without the
user having to do *anything* special. oneShot seems more limited in
applicability, for use primarily in library code. So I would personally
think that it should be added, with an option, of course, to turn it off. I
would also go for documenting it as experimental and provisional.

David