Current description of Core?

Simon Peyton Jones simonpj at microsoft.com
Wed Oct 22 09:59:09 UTC 2014

Interesting.  There is a pretty high bar for changes to Core itself.  Currently arrow notation desugars into Core with no changes.  If you want to change Core, then arrow “notation” is actually much more than syntactic sugar.   Go for it – but it would be a much more foundational change than previously, and hence would require more motivation.