Making GHCi awesomer?

Edward Z. Yang ezyang at mit.edu
Mon Oct 20 18:22:42 UTC 2014

Excerpts from Eric Seidel's message of 2014-10-20 09:32:41 -0700:
> I read recently that Rust has some sort of symbol-mangling in place to allow multiple versions of the same library to co-exist within a single build.
>
> How feasible would it be to add this feature to GHC? At a first glance it seems like it would help substantially.

GHC already has this feature (and in 7.10, it will be upgraded to allow
multiple instances of the same version of a library, but with different
dependencies).  The problem here is that Cabal doesn't understand how
to put dependencies together like this.

Edward