Warning on tabs by default (#9230) for GHC 7.10

Austin Seipp austin at well-typed.com
Sat Oct 18 22:48:26 UTC 2014

The boot libraries have not been detabbed, and that's something we
can't immediately fix. However, the warnings being on by default means
people should feel the burn to fix it quickly, I hope, and we can just
update all of our submodules accordingly.

I did notice however in the diff that I missed the fact `hsc2hs` has
also not been detabbed. That can be fixed immediately, however.

On Sat, Oct 18, 2014 at 5:30 PM, Mateusz Kowalczyk
<fuuzetsu at fuuzetsu.co.uk> wrote:
> On 10/18/2014 01:25 AM, Austin Seipp wrote:
>> Hi all,
>>
>> Please see here:
>>
>> https://phabricator.haskell.org/D255 and
>> https://ghc.haskell.org/trac/ghc/ticket/9230
>>
>> Making tabs warn by default has been requested many times before, and
>> now that the compiler is completely detabbed, this should become
>> possible to enable easily, and we can gradually remove warnings from
>> everything else.
>>
>> Unless someone has huge complaints or this becomes a gigantic
>> bikeshed/review (bike-review), please let me know - I would like this
>> to go in for 7.10.
>>

> On Phabricator I see a diff which adds a suppression for the warning to
> GHC. Is this necessary considering you say GHC is now fully detabbed?
>
> --
> Mateusz K.

Regards,

Austin Seipp, Haskell Consultant