Merging a branch

Simon Peyton Jones simonpj at microsoft.com
Thu Oct 16 08:08:15 UTC 2014

Friends

I have a branch, wip/new-flatten-skolems-Aug14, which has a long succession of work-in progress patches.  Plus a couple of merges from HEAD.

I'd like to completely re-organise the patches before committing to HEAD.  How do I do that?  Some kind of rebase?   Clearly I want to start from current HEAD, rather than having weird merge patches involved.

I was thinking of starting a new branch and doing a manual diff/patch, but that seems crude.

I think that one other person (Iavor) has pulled from this branch, but he has not modified it.

Thanks