Building ghc on Windows with msys2

Páli Gábor János pali.gabor at gmail.com
Thu Oct 9 05:15:13 UTC 2014

>> I guess the current two build server are all Cygwin based, they are
>> failing at the same permission issue at early building stage, it prevents
>> checking out the real problem. It seems msys2 (or msys)  seldom has
>> such issue.
>
> For what it is worth, I have been witnessing those permission issues
> with msys2 on my Windows builders.  They worked (more or the less)
> fine until September 24, but suddenly, something has changed (not on
> my side) and all I got those errors since.

Looks like the commit with the Cabal submodule update causes this [1].
The revision before that commit still builds fine on my system, while
everything else after that commit dies early at build [2].  Is this
only me, has anybody else experienced the problem?  Perhaps I am doing
something wrong?  I do not remember to see any related "heads-up"
message on the list, like I should update any of the build-time
dependencies.

[1] http://git.haskell.org/ghc.git/commit/4b648be19c75e6c6a8e6f9f93fa12c7a4176f0ae
[2] http://haskell.inf.elte.hu/builders/windows-x86-head/56/10.html