GitHub pull requests

Tuncer Ayaz tuncer.ayaz at gmail.com
Wed Oct 8 08:37:44 UTC 2014

On Tue, Oct 7, 2014 at 8:42 PM, Joachim Breitner wrote:
> doesn't look like that will happen soon:
>

> > Hey Joachim,
> >
> > Disabling that linking is not possible currently, and I'm not sure
> > if that feature will be available in the near future. Still, I'll
> > add your request to our feature request wishlist and pass the
> > feedback to the team.
> >
> > Thanks for the question/suggestion and let us know if there's
> > anything else.

That's unsurprising, given how that linking scheme is used everywhere,
but they responded quickly.

I've sent them suggestions on improving the review system, and they
have acknowledged working on that, but it's a behind closed doors
development process without any pre-announcement or commitment.

Another popular request is for projects like GHC or similar (that have
their own or different infrastructure for discussion and
contributions) to want to disable Pull-Requests (like Wiki or Issues).
They say it's often requested but have no immediate plans to add a
check box. It's unfortunate because you have to constantly close pull
requests with a link to the contributing guide.