FFI: c/c++ struct on stack as an argument or return value

Yuras Shumovich shumovichy at gmail.com
Tue Oct 7 16:59:23 UTC 2014

Simon,

I finally managed to implement that for major NCG backends.
Phabricator revision is here: https://phabricator.haskell.org/D252

Here is a link to the review you did before:
https://github.com/Yuras/ghc/commit/7295a4c600bc69129b6800be5b52c3842c9c4e5b

I don't have implementation for mac os x86, ppc and sparc. Are they
actively used today? I don't have access to hardware to test them.

Do you think it has it's own value without exposing to haskell FFI? What
is the minimal feature set I should implement to make it merged?

Thanks,
Yuras