Building ghc on Windows with msys2

Herbert Valerio Riedel hvriedel at gmail.com
Tue Oct 7 14:53:18 UTC 2014

On 2014-10-07 at 15:04:18 +0200, cg wrote:

[...]

> I guess the current two build server are all Cygwin based, they are
> failing at the same permission issue at early building stage, it prevents
> checking out the real problem. It seems msys2 (or msys)  seldom has
> such issue.

Btw, while I finally managed to get a pure MSYS2 environment to work
with a manually started sshd.exe, it'd be great if somebody could point
me to instructions on how to setup e.g. cygrunsrv+sshd in order to have
sshd.exe startup automatically on boot-up *and* have sshd.exe be able to
log into more than just one single account (currently if I start sshd, I
can only log into the very same account which started sshd)

Having such a setup would be really useful to provide the GHC
development improve its infrastructure as well to help reduce the
regular windows-arch failures we're seeing so often.

Cheers,
  hvr