Phabricator guidance

Simon Peyton Jones simonpj at microsoft.com
Tue Oct 7 08:57:00 UTC 2014

I suppose I will have to look at this. But I have no clue how to do so.

D202 itself seems to be a very small patch (only ten lines or so), so presumably it applies on top of some other patch?  But what?

Someone said I could use
	arc patch D202
to apply the patch in my own tree, which is crucial for reproducing the error that Jan is stuck on.  BUT the patch presumably applies to a particular commit, NOT the head of my current tree.  But what is the base commit to which it applies?  Does arc patch check out the base commit before applying?

I can't find any documentation of 'arc patch'.  Can anyone else?

It would be good to document this workflow, since it's a very useful one.

Thanks

Simon