Building ghc on Windows with msys2

Gintautas Miliauskas gintautas.miliauskas at gmail.com
Thu Oct 2 20:41:53 UTC 2014

I'm sure we could make git handle the tarballs, but it just seems like the
wrong tool for the job. We'd have to use multiple advanced features of git
where a simple wget/curl would do. Versioning is also a moot point, since
we would embed versions in filenames. In fact, versioning would be easier
and nicer when the filenames with versions are in a file on the main
repository rather than in a submodule.

I was thinking of performing the wget (if necessary) in the Makefile, to
further bring down the number of steps that users have to execute for a
working build. Any strong objections?

Whom should I contact to get some static files deployed in a folder under
haskell.org?

--
Gintautas Miliauskas