Proposal: Improving the LLVM backend by packaging it

Austin Seipp austin at well-typed.com
Fri Nov 28 20:38:33 UTC 2014

Perhaps we could have ./validate also imply the 'llvm' WAY for tests
and not just the 'fast' way (which tests the NCG). But that would
double the amount of time needed for the testsuite by itself (actually
slightly more than that, since the LLVM backend is normally slower
than the NCG). But anyway, there are opportunities for speed ups
anyway I imagine, and future Harbormaster improvements mean we could
do the llvm WAY concurrently on a separate machine.

--
Regards,

Austin Seipp, Haskell Consultant