HEADS UP: Keeping the "Newcomers" wiki page alive

Austin Seipp austin at well-typed.com
Mon Nov 17 15:50:27 UTC 2014

Thanks for doing this Jan. I think a ticket category works a lot
better than just a page alone.

Simon and I talked about this once, and another good point is that by
having a category, it's a lot easier for regular, more experienced
developers to sweep the 'newcomers' list and fix anything that needs
it, perhaps for a pending release that may be soon.

But these days we seem to have a somewhat healthy influx of developers
and patches, so maybe these tickets can just get fixed the natural
way. :)

On Mon, Nov 17, 2014 at 3:31 AM, Joachim Breitner
<mail at joachim-breitner.de> wrote:
> Hi,
>

> Am Donnerstag, den 13.11.2014, 14:56 +0100 schrieb Jan Stolarek:
>> HEADS UP: if you see a ticket that is easy enough to be tackled by a newcomer please tag it
>> using "newcomer" keyword.
>>
>> I already added "newcomer" keyword to tickets that were listed on the Newcomers page and replaced
>> the static list with dynamicaly generated one. I decided to filter out tickets that have an owner
>> so that people are not redirected to tickets that are being worked on.
>
> incidentally, Debian started to use the same tag "newcomer" to tag its
> bugs of the same nature:
> http://www.donarmstrong.com/posts/newcomer_bts_tag/
>
> So our choice of tag was a good one :-)
>
> Greetings,