[Msys2-users] Debugging undeterministic segfaults

David Macek david.macek.0 at gmail.com
Mon Nov 10 11:24:44 UTC 2014

On 5. 11. 2014 18:13, Gintautas Miliauskas wrote:

>     Thanks for pointing out that virus scanners could be an issue. I found that Microsoft Security Essentials realtime scanning was on. I'll try disabling it and see if that helps with the -j5 case.
>

> For what it's worth, I tried disabling the virus scanner, but it did not help, 4/8 validation runs segfaulted (-j5).

Can you dump your package versions here? Use pacman -Qe. I want to try the build with a replica of your environment.

Also, does 4/8 mean that some builds were without errors? Maybe I haven't done enough runs. Could you attach the script you use for running validate in a loop? (I'm sure it's simple enough for me to write it, but if I can avoid it...)

--
David Macek