Reviving the LTS Discussions (ALT: A separate LTS branch)

John Lato jwlato at gmail.com
Mon Nov 10 00:15:32 UTC 2014

Austin, thanks for starting this thread.  I think David raises a lot of
very important points.  In particular, I don't think an LTS plan can be
successful unless there's significant demand (probably from commercial
Haskell users), and it would almost certainly require that those users make
a commitment to do some of the work themselves.

I think David's suggestion is probably a good place to start.  For that
matter, anyone who's interested could probably just fork the github repo,
pull in patches they want, and work away, but it does seem a bit nicer/more
efficient to be able to integrate with trac.

John