Fw: Long term support - in general and Windows XP specifically

Aaron Stevens bheklilr2 at gmail.com
Sun Nov 9 00:05:38 UTC 2014

I'll chime in as a Windows developer and say that personally I won't ever
use anything older than W7 ever again. While my company doesn't use
Haskell, we've already switched 99% of our systems to W7 from XP with a few
exceptions for legacy systems that aren't even networked anymore. There
might be some company or user out there still stuck in the past, but I have
never run into them.

I think it's time to drop support for XP, particularly if it means
improvements for the overwhelming majority of Windows haskellers.