RFC: Dropping Windows XP support

Tamar Christina lonetiger at gmail.com
Sat Nov 8 12:09:41 UTC 2014

I don't think we should worry about windows server 2003. Unless I'm
mistaken the support Microsoft still provides is mostly maintenance.
The older version of GHC won't suddenly stop working on 2003, as such
all programs will continue to run just fine.

>From a development standpoint removing <= NT 5 support from would be
very beneficial. For those on the older platforms, they can use the
older GHCs, which I think is the policy most companies have taken
w.r.t. Xp/2003.

Regards,