Abstracting over constraints: Can this be implemented in GHC?

Richard Eisenberg eir at cis.upenn.edu
Fri Nov 7 15:36:42 UTC 2014

I don't see a way to do this without a proxy parameter (or an explicit type application, once those are available). But, I also don't see a reason why inference can't be extended to include this case. Figuring out how it would work would be a proper, full-on research project, though.

Interesting.

Richard