Problems compiling with llvm-3.5.0-2 on ARM

Jens Petersen juhpetersen at gmail.com
Wed Nov 5 03:56:25 UTC 2014

Hi Jarl,

I think I just ran into this too for Fedora 22 rawhide on ARM and found
your posts...

On 30 October 2014 16:11, Jarl Gunnar Flaten <jarl.flaten at gmail.com> wrote:

> (cf. reddit thread
> <http://www.reddit.com/r/haskell/comments/2kpsz5/ghc_problem_new_llvm_schedule_reentered_unsafely/>
> )
>
> I am trying to compile a simple "hello world" program (test.hs). When
> compiling I am notified:
>
> > [1 of 1] Compiling Main             ( test.hs, test.o )
> > You are using a new version of LLVM that hasn't been tested yet!
>
> > test: schedule: re-entered unsafely.
> >    Perhaps a 'foreign import unsafe' should be 'safe'?
>
> Isn't working. I'm not familiar enough with neither LLVM nor Haskell to troubleshoot from either of these; I don't even know if the messages are even related.
>
> They are related in the sense that llvm-3.5 seems to this problem and it
is not officially supported by ghc-7.6 or ghc-7.8 (hence the warning).
ghc-7.8 supports 3.4 and 7.6 seems to mostly work with some patches.

Can you provide more details on your environment: OS and ghc version etc?

I am not sure yet what is causing this: perhaps you could try compiling
with "-threaded" and see if that helps?

Jens