Major commit to the constraint solver

Joachim Breitner mail at joachim-breitner.de
Tue Nov 4 08:55:25 UTC 2014

Hi,

Am Dienstag, den 04.11.2014, 08:44 +0000 schrieb Simon Peyton Jones:
> That's great; I didn't realise that.
>
> How can I navigate to the build log.  I went to
> https://travis-ci.org/ghc/ghc/builds
> clicked on "Branch summary", found my branch, clicked on the link for
> "617" but it didn't show me the build log that you did.  (It did have
> a red button saying "617 failed".

We build everything twice, once with -DDEBUG and once without.
Therefore, at the bottom of the page you were looking at
(presumably https://travis-ci.org/ghc/ghc/builds/39856856),
there are two links named 617.1 and 617.2. These take you to the build
log, e.g. https://travis-ci.org/ghc/ghc/jobs/39856857

But: Travis tries to prettify the logs using plenty of JavaScript, this
will easily bring your browser to its knees. So the trick is: After
following the link, and while the page is loading, in the top right
corner look for the square with the three horizontal lines. This link
takes to to a text-only view of the logs, e.g.
https://s3.amazonaws.com/archive.travis-ci.org/jobs/39856857/log.txt

(The latter is mentioned on
https://ghc.haskell.org/trac/ghc/wiki/Travis, but maybe not very
visible. I could add a paragraph describing the steps to reach the
logs.)

By the way, you can usually find your branch on the Build History
(https://travis-ci.org/ghc/ghc/builds) directly, if it has been built
recently. The column „Commit“ mentions the branch its on.

Greetings,
Joachim

--
Joachim “nomeata” Breitner