Major commit to the constraint solver

Simon Peyton Jones simonpj at microsoft.com
Mon Nov 3 17:28:49 UTC 2014

Friends

I've pushed branch wip/new-flatten-skolems-Oct14.  (It has some rebasing near the top.)

It branches off master some a few days ago; i.e. it is almost completely up to date.

Can you try building it?  I want to push it to HEAD, but would like some independent validation first.

Three things don't validate for me:

*         Several tests fail with ioManagerWakeup problems: reported as Trac #9722

*         ghcirun002 experiences stack overflow in the bytecode interpreter, but so does HEAD: Trac #9741

*         I get an odd wibble in safePk01, see this thread<https://www.haskell.org/pipermail/ghc-devs/2014-November/007065.html> with Edward

I'd like to push to master soon.

Thanks